As we continue to grow as a company we realize that we require the expertise of someone with a bit of financial savvy.
We are looking to take on a financial intern to help with daily finances and inventory needs. Please read the job description below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cv. We look forward to hearing from you!!
Local Buttons, a Toronto based clothing company, is a social enterprise specializing in refined, refurbished garments made in Haiti and sold to the Canadian market. Our goal is to mainstream refurbished clothing in a fashionable and sustainable way. All of our materials are hand-picked from the abundant second-hand “pépé” markets in Port-au-Prince. Working with skilled Haitian tailors we create refined refurbished fashion that embodies quality and beauty. Every design provides sustainable, fair-wage jobs and breathes new life into old materials.
As a team of two we are looking to add a third person to help with the financial and business management aspect of our company. The position is a part-time internship. Ideal candidates are students looking for experience or to fulfill work experience hours. Hours are flexible as most work can be done from home. Expected workload is 12-15 hours a week for the first 2 weeks transitioning to a minimal requirement of 3-5 hours for the ensuing weeks. With the right person the internship will transfer to a long term position with the company including equity in Local Buttons.
Interested candidates can send resume and a cover letter to:
Attn: Anne Pringle
Skillset for role:
- Detail & Deadline Orientated
- Strong finance skills-tracking finances/budgeting
- Retail market knowledge
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong verbal & written communication
Retail Manager and Accountant Duties (70% of role)
- Basic finances for company including GST files, balance sheet, debit & credit reports, cash flow, financial statements, income statements, breakeven points and statement of shareholder equity
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Managing sitting stock and ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving production schedule and maintaining inventories.
- Managing inventory levels using IT to record sales figures for data analysis and forward planning
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning alongside directors
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends & sales figures to forecast future sales to maximize profits
- Assisting in the organizing of special price promotions
- Informing sales strategy as it relates to consignment vs. wholesale vs. online
- Alternative income planning and data input. For example even speaking honorariums and transportation costs
- Updating colleagues on business performance
Business Management (30% of Role):
Assist Local Buttons in reaching goals and objectives related to sales, productivity, profitability and industry penetration. Basic upkeep of the legal documents will be required including:
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Buyers: Retail & Boutique
- Transparency with Haitian partners
- Strategic steps
- Billing & tracking
- Oversee account set up and documentation, along with ensuring that client contracts are properly implemented and executed.